Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Why Bother?

Sunday was Richard's birthday. Happy Birthday Love!!

I was at the store buying stuff to make him a cake and manicotti (or cheesy tubes of goodness as Hannan calls them) and I reached for some greens to make a salad to go with. Richard looks at me and asks "who's going to eat that?" I had no idea. He asks if I will eat it, and honestly, in all probability, no. Lara hates vegetables, Hannan might eat some, their girls 5 and 3 most definitely not. We will be stuffing our faces with manicotti and cake. So who have I been buying salad greens for all this time? Or was it just an attempt to ease my conscience?? Who have I been fooling??? Obviously, not Richard.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

If people won't eat my vegetables, I hide them in the food. The yummy manicotti would be green from the spinach I sneaked in. :)

My Heart On My Sleeve said...

hahaha It actually was spinach manicotti! With mushrooms. I love mushrooms, but liked the manicotti better without them. He just didn't want me to buy the bag 'O salad to sit and rot in the fridge.

Glenna said...

LOL! We do that too. There's only my husband and I so there are nights when it's just steaks and baked potatoes. Really. The salad's only there to be green and thrown away.

Not that we don't EVER eat our veggies...but it's okay to say "no" sometimes. At least that's my opinion! :-)